Monday, October 8, 2012

Building the Newport Dollhouse

Hi everyone
I'm working on building the Newport Dollhouse right now.  I will be finishing it from top to bottom, inside and out and then offering it for sale.  I should be done by the end of October at the very latest and hopefully it will be sold and ready to delight someone for Christmas!  Here's a few pictures of my work so far...it's going great and it's going to be magnificent!!!


I painted the exterior with a gorgeous sea blue color.  I just love it!
The interior is already taking shape with finished wood floors.  The walls have all been primed and will be ready for wallpapering soon.  I started painting and assembling the windows to be installed later. I've also added a special opening from the tower room to the rooftop room.  This adds an additional room to the dollhouse and more room for minis!  More photos of that as it takes shape!  Stay tuned and check back often for more!
 I've been hard at work and have finished putting in the windows and dormers.
The inside is taking shape too! I have finished all the wallpaper and soon will be working on painting all the baseboards, doors and window frames.  And shingling the roof!
 Fast forward- today is November 4th and I'm still hard at work finishing up this dollhouse.  I had to stop for a bit to finish and electrify a dollhouse for a customer who ran out of steam building the Vermont Farmhouse for her daughter.  So that's why my schedule is a little off.  I was planning on being done by the end of October so I might be a week or 2 off.  But you can see all the progress I've made!  I have shingled the dollhouse, put on all the exterior trim, painted and installed the door and painted, painted, painted!!
 Here's some of my parts drying.  There are a lot of railings to assemble and paint before I can install them.  Good thing is, once I'm done doing that I can put them on and the entire outside of the dollhouse will be finished!

I have to get this dollhouse all done so I can start work on a restoration project.  That's the dollhouse to the left here.  I have to replace the lights that aren't working and redo the entire inside.  Plus repaint all of the exterior. So basically redo everything!  The Newport is close to being finished.  Yeah!
And I have made a little progress on the inside.  I installed the staircase.  It looks so great.  More good stuff to add to the inside coming...check back in for more soon! 
 Today is Election day and aside from voting, I have been working away on this dollhouse trying to get it finished up.  Today I installed the doors and doorway trim, added baseboards to the 1st and 2nd floors and started with the crown moulding. 
 Here's the front door and staircase with crown moulding and baseboards. I decided to stain the trim for this dollhouse.  I matches the floors perfectly.
 I also stained the doors- love them!
 The exterior is done just some white paint touch-ups.  I looks awesome!
I'm almost done.  I will post all the finished pictures hopefully tomorrow!    
 It's totally finished and available NOW!  Here's a few pictures of the finished project:

The Newport Dollhouse by Little Darlings
 Welcome in to this beautiful dollhouse.  The black door looks so great and really stands out against the sea blue paint and all that crisp white trim. 
 The interior is full of details.  Stained wood floors throughout with matching baseboards, doors and staircase in the same stain. 
 Each room has been wallpapered in pretty colors with baseboard and crown moulding, interior window trim and doorways.  No detail has been left out!
 This is the front door and entry into the large family room.
 This is the 2nd floor bedroom, nice and spacious, ready to be decorated!
 Another 2nd floor room with 2 working doors and alcove.
 View of the 1st and 2nd floors.
 This is the 3rd floor with a very special bonus feature.  I have added an attic room with a built in ladder to get up there!  Those dolls need a way up there! 

Here is the front view of the bonus room.  I left off the back and kept it open.
Here's the view from the back.  My extra room! 
Note the ladder
 The tower room again with ladder and attic room on top.

This has been such a fun dollhouse to put together.  I love love love how it turned out.  Please let me know what you think and leave a comment! 


No comments:

Post a Comment